This course for beginners will equip you with knowledge of 3D modeling and 3D printing. It will develop your understanding of how to use 3D modelling softwares such as Tinkercad, Onshape, SketchUp. It will also explore the workings of 3D printers using FDM technology. You will be given live demonstrations of 3D printed objects. You will be part of a friendly and vibrant environment, learning through a combination of lectures and seminars led by our experts. If you are passionate about 3D printing or/and want to achieve a rewarding career in a similar field, then this course is for you.
COURSE STRUCTURE : 1 Month
- Introduction to the 3D printing world.
- Why 3D printing is important.
- Step by step guide to 3D printing.
- Understand the methods of Liquid-based, powder-based and filament-based.
- Q&A session.
- Introduction to 3D CAD modelling.
- Introduction to CAD software TINKERCAD
- Understanding the basic tools & Menus.
- Creating objects in TINKER using line, surface and arcs.
- Exporting and saving .stl file.
- Assignment of Design project.
- Q&A session.
- Introduction to 3D printers.
- The various Additive manufacturing technologies for application to various industrial needs.
- Application and benefits.
- Introduction to CURA/SLICER (Slicing software)
- Loading .stl file for slicing G-code
- Defining optimum print setting.
- Printing and post-processing.
- Printing your Design project
- Q &A session, Assessment and certification